It may be in your best interest to attend mediation with your employer (and your self-obtained counsel) to come to a resolution. You or your employer can file a petition with the Office of Adjudication to begin the mediation process.

Though you are not required to obtain counsel for representation in worker’s compensation proceeding, we strongly recommend you work with an experienced King of Prussia attorney to make sure you file the proper claim forms in a timely manner and to combat opposing counsel’s arguments. If you hire an attorney, the fee agreement must be approved by the workers’ compensation judge or the Workers’ Compensation Appeal Board.

If you incur a severe disability as a result of the work-related injury, you may be able to apply for Social Security and obtain disability benefits. For additional information, visit the Social Security Administration’s website.